Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wednesday Night--February 9,2011

Good evening to everyone.  Jacque and I have had a day filled with ups and downs.  Thank God there were a lot more ups than downs.  At the 9 a.m. visit Jacque was sleeping.  He had had a bad night and did not get to sleep much because he had stomach cramps.  The nurses had given him some medicine that made him loopy, so the 9 a.m. visit was not so good.  At the 1 p.m. visit he was hooked up to the blood cleaning machine again.  I was sure hoping he was finished with that.    I could tell he was not happy about that either.  During physical therapy he was sitting in a chair and had some low blood pressure problems.  That is all the "downs" for the day. 

Now for all the "ups".  My good friend Vivian Adams was at the hospital early with a bowl of fruit for my breakfast.  Staci Wiley came and sat with me in the waiting room.  She and Jamie took me to lunch.
Herman Castete came and spent time with me in the waiting room.  He came at just the right time.  I was having one of my moments.  Jacque got 20 more cards today and a goodie box from Diane and Cranford Jordan.    I read all the cards to him at his 5 p.m. visit.  He was great at that visit. Jamie came and washed his hair and shaved him.  Then after she left Jacque ate a little bit of fruit.  HE FED HIMSELF.  It was so great to see him use his hands again.  After he ate he brushed his teeth himself.  He had a great 5 pm visit.  When I went back at 9 pm, he even looked better. We watched his favorite show "Blue Blood"--I think that is the name of it.  I left at 10 p.m. after he took his night meds.  I pray he has a good night.  He deserves one. 

To everyone who sent cards--thanks so much.  He has me read each and every one to him.  To Harmon and Jean Drew--he laughed when he found out you couldn't write a comment on the blog--you wouldn't believe how many people have told us the same thing.  I sure can't give any advice on this.  Maybe my daughter Jean can blog some advice on this.  Jacque and I are so computer illiterate.

Thanks to everyone for your support and prayers.  Love Ya--Laure :) 

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me forever to figure out how to post and "make it stick". Tell Mr. Jacque we are so glad to hear all of the "ups".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there-sorry I deleted-hit wrong button--I am so glad you had more ups than downs--Glad you are having visitors--that really helps--It was good news that he is able to use his arms to feed himself--Sounds like he is getting stronger each day. Really thankful Jaime is there--got to help your feelings--Blogging and facebooking takes practice-hang in there--I guess it gets easier. You all are still in my prayers--He has come a long way. Prayers are so powerful--Don't know what people do without Him---Take care of yourself--Hard to do I know--get rest when you can--but remember you all are being prayed for each day--including me-- Love

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Laure,

    Jim and I are so happy to hear Jacque is
    having "up" days. You are constantly in
    our thoughts and prayers. Hope he will be
    able to move to a room soon. Love you
    bunches.

    ReplyDelete