Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day 6, Afternoon

Hi all - this is Jean again.  I am actually sitting in the ICU room with Dad right now.  He is sleeping, as they just gave him some morphine for pain.  He is a bit uncomfortable - since he is unable to move, his back side is aching.  Today is similar to yesterday - not much better, but not worse, so that is good!   The nurses have all let us know that the worst could be yet to come, as Dad's syndrome is progressing slower than normal.....we are praying that is not the case.  But, if it does, we know we have the best doctors and nurses working on the case. With Jamie being a long-time employee here at the hospital (and very well respected - you can tell by the response we are getting), we are getting care as if it is the doctors' or nurses' own family member. 

Unfortunately, I am about to have to hop on a plane back to Denver.  (I have already switched my flight once and unfortunately, there is no availability to switch again......I believe due to the bad weather that caused flight delays around the country.)  But, luckily, I am not the nurse or the physical therapist of the family, so Jamie and Jacque I know will take good care of him and mom.  My plan is to be back in a few weeks unless Daddy worsens. 

In the meantime, yall all please just pray.  If you are in the Lafayette area, feel free to give mom a buzz to see if she would like visitors in the ICU waiting room, but don't be offended if she doesn't, as they are allowing her to stay in with dad longer and longer.  Note - still no visitors to see Dad at this point in time. 

Thanks again, everyone, for all of your prayers, love, and concern.

Jean

7 comments:

  1. Mama Derr sent me this prayer when Blake was sick and I believe in it. The prayer is called,"Novena to the Sacred Heart of Jesus".

    O MY JESUS, YOU HAVE SAID: "TRULY I SAY TO YOU, ASK AND IT WILL BE GIVEN TO YOU, SEEK AND YOU WILL FIND, KNOCK AND IT WILL BE OPENED TO YOU." BEHOLD I KNOCK, I SEEK, AND I ASK FOR THE GRACE OF HEALING FOR JACQUE. SACRED HEART OF JESUS , I PLACE ALL MY TRUST IN YOU.
    O MY JESUS, YOU HAVE SAID : "TRULY I SAY TO YOU, IF YOU ASK ANYTHING OF THE FATHER IN MY NAME, HE WILL GIVE IT TO YOU." BEHOLD, IN YOUR NAME , I ASK THE FATHER FOR THE GRACE OF HEALING FOR JACQUE.
    SACRED HEART OF JESUS, I PLACE ALL MY TRUST IN YOU.
    O MY JESUS, YOU HAVE SAID, "TRULY I SAY TO YOU, HEAVEN AND EARTH SHALL PASS AWAY, BUT MY WORDS WILL NOT PASS AWAY." ENCOURAGED BY YOUR INFALLIBLE WORDS, I NOW ASK FOR THE GRACE OF HEALING FOR JACQUE. SACRED HEART OF JESUS I PLACE ALL MY TRUST IN YOU.
    LET US PRAY--
    OH SACRED HEART OF JESUS, FOR WHOM IT IS IMPOSSIBLE NOT TO HAVE COMPASSION ON THE AFFLICTED, HAVE PITY ON US MISERABLE SINNERS AND GRANT US THE GRACE WHICH WE ASK OF YOU.
    AMEN

    B. R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how hard it is for you to leave, Jean. Your dad wants you back with your hubby and your work, I am pretty sure. Just hold on to God's rope and know that he is the one pulling. Sending love and prayers from the Hannas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To the Derr Family,

    I am very familiar with GB. Amanda's oldest daughter, Samantha had it years ago. And anyone will tell you in Winnfield, she made a full recovery. It was devestating to see my niece in that condition, but WE are of GOOD FAITH allow the Lord to do his work.
    The storm before the rain as far as I am concerned on Big Jacque's condition presently.
    Just know that we are all praying and here for you anytime day and night.
    Mama Derr......God is by your side. Let him take control. Your heart is heavy with concern, questions, yes, but God has all the answers.

    Anne Brian Aulds

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thinking of you all and praying constantly for healing for Mr. Jacque. I love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mr. Billy Thurman asked me to relay this message to Mr. Jacque: "Pat and I are praying and thinking about you. We miss you at the gym. It sure is quiet! God Bless, Pat and Billy"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying that treatment will be swift and accurate and for completely healing. So glad you are in Lafayette with Jamie. I hope this verse encourages you...
    Isaiah 41:13 For I am the Lord your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, DO NOT FEAR, I will help you.
    Glenda Futch Farmer

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to drop you a note to let you know that the Jackson Parish prayer warriors are busy lifting you all up in prayer. God works in mysterious ways...sometimes he makes us get the rest we won't otherwise take for ourselves. I'm sure Jacque's mind is as active together and can't imagine how he will be entertaining everyone with his hospital confinement experiences once he gets back on his feet! Take care. We are keeping up with you all through Elinor and this site. Much love - Jim & Debra Fordham

    ReplyDelete