Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thursday Night--February 24

It is really late--11:56 pm. Just got in from the hospital.  Jacque was having some bad gas pains, so I stayed until he finally went to sleep.  I think his belly is bothering him because he ate all the pizza yesterday. Oh well, I am sure he will tell you it was all worth it.  He had a good day.  It did not start off too good. He was going to take his first shower, but his blood pressure dropped too low so he couldn't.  The therapist reminded him it was only his third day in therapy and that they would try the shower next Tuesday.  He did great in his walking today and took eight steps. He went from one end of the parallel bars to the other end. He had a lot of help but everyone is soo excited about his progress.  They tell us he is really doing better than most patients with Guillian Barre.  He had a special visitor today. A lady who had Guillian Barre in September came to visit.  She was in rehab for two months, home health two months, and is now doing out patient.  She looks great, walks, and everything.  She did not get the plasma pharesis like Jacque.  She could not believe Jacque had only been in rehab three days.  She said Jacque was way ahead of where she was at the three day mark.  He told her his goal was to be well by October 1--first day of deer season!!! Ha Ha!!! Jamie came and shaved her daddy and washed his hair.  She is such a joy.  You would not believe how highly she is thought of at the hospital!  Everyone knows her.  I don't know what I would do without her.  She has made my life so much easier. My buddy Vivian Adams came and brought us all milkshakes. I had lost some weight but if all my friends don't stop feeding me, I am going to be chunky again.  Jean is flying in from Denver tomorrow.  I can't wait for her to see her daddy. He is so much better than when she saw him last.  Well , it is officially Friday, so I had better get some sleep.  We have a family meeting at 8:30 am with the doctors and therapists. Only Jamie and I can attend.  Jean will not get in until 8pm and Jacque has to work.  I am really going to bed now and will leave you all with a bible verse sent to me from a priest friend, Fr. Martin Laird.
"Praise God and tell everyone about the good things he has done for you, so that they too will honor him and sing his praises.  Let everyone know what God has done. Never stop praising him,"  Tobit 12:6

1 comment:

  1. Laurie and Jacque,

    I keep up with you daily and remember you all in my prayers. I am so glad things are better but had no doubt Jacque would prevail. He is so determined. Love to you and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete