Saturday, February 26, 2011

Saturday Morning--February 26

Good morning to all.  Sorry that I did not blog last night. Jean came in and we spent the night visiting.  She was so pleased with her daddy's progress.  He looked so bad when she left two weeks ago.  Yesterday was another great day.  He had visitors, phone calls, and a wonderful day in therapy.
One of his old law school buddies that he had not seen in 40 years came by--Jack Miller.  Then after lunch Ike Funderburk, another one of his good attorney friends, came by to visit.  Ike is such a mess.  It is so good to have some south Louisiana friends that are here for support.  Jane Purser was in Lafayette visiting her daughter and called and wished Jacque a speedy recovery. I think Jacque's favorite phone call of the day came from Rayford Riley.  He is coming to cut Jacque's hair today.  WOW!!! He needs it.  Now if I could just find someone to cut and dye my hair.  By the time I get home I will be gray headed again. Ha Ha !!! In therapy Jacque amazed everyone. He walked the length of the parallel bars three times.  He is now moving his feet on his own.  His feet are still numb but he can move them.  Jean came in around 8:30 p.m.  He was so excited to see her.  His children are his life. Well, I guess that is all the news for this morning.  Jean will probably blog some this afternoon.  I do have one OPPS from Thursday.  Elena and her grandmother Bettie came to visit Jacque on Thursday evening.  They brought Jacque some beautiful red roses.  Elena is our Mia's birth mother.  She is the wonderful young woman that gave our Jamie the gift of life. I can't believe I left them out of our Thursday news.  But as you all know I am a little crazy these days.  God is good.  My many thanks to everyone for all your prayers. Keep them coming. We are so thankful.    Now for my thought for the day. It comes from Oliver Wendel Holmes. " If I had a formula for bypassing trouble, I wouldn't pass it around.  I wouldn't be doing anyone a favor.  Trouble creates a capacity to handle it.  Meet it as your friend, for you will see a lot of it and you had better be on speaking terms with it. "  So true.  And here is one more--"What may seem like coincidence, As we live out our story, Is God at work behind the scenes, So give Him all the glory." Amen--Love --Laure :)

1 comment:

  1. Biblical joy is not an emotion and it's not based on situations. It's a fruit of
    the Spirit (Gal. 5:22). Joy lives in you. His name is Jesus and He is your
    strength in a time of trouble (Neh 8:)

    The next time trouble arrives, declare with your mouth that joy lives in you and
    begin to worship Him. As you do. the joy of the Lord will rise up in you and you
    will find real strength for every situation.

    We are praying for y'all.

    Jimmy & Janice

    ReplyDelete