Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thursday Night--February 3, 2011

The time on my computer says 11:49 p.m. and I have just returned to my hotel room.  Jacque has made it another day with no vent!! All of his blood work has been great today, at least as far as I know.  He had his third round of blood cleaning.  Bless his heart it is really rough.  He gets the shakes real bad when he is taking the treatment.  He swears the physical therapists are killing him.  Yes, they are working with him twice a day. They help him stand.  He hates it but is working like a real trooper.  He is also taking speech therapy too.  He likes his speech therapist.  She is cute .He is no longer on oxygen and is completely breathing on his own.  He is still very weak and has to cough a lot, but I believe that he is improving. His voice is stronger in the morning, by the evening he is tired and does not speak very loudly.  The doctors are still waiting for the really bad stuff, but I told them we were just going to skip the bad stuff. I get to see him at 9am, 1 pm, 5pm, and 9pm.  My 9pm visit is my favorite because they let me stay really late.  Sometimes I just sit and watch him sleep. Father Sojan called from India today to tell me all of his family and his students are praying for Jacque.  My sister went to mass today in Monroe and assured me that Jacque was going to be fine.  I know he will be fine.  I have a real peace about it.  We are working real hard to lick this terrible disease.  We are so blessed to have all of you praying for us.  Please don't stop. God bless you all and have a good night.  Love in Christ, Laure 

1 comment:

  1. We are so thankful that Mr. Jacque is doing better. Please tell him that we will continue to pray for all of you! Hang in there! Love you all!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete