Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday--February 28

Well it is hard to believe but in one hour the month of February will be over.  Can you believe we have spent the month of February in the hospital??!!!! I can hardly wait for March to begin.  I believe we are going to "March" right through this rehab and be home soon.  Today was a good day.  Jacque is transfering from his wheelchair to the bed with no help. He is walking with the help of the parallel bars.  He can lift his legs but still does not have much feeling in his feet.  I am sure that will come with time.  The doctor came in today and said that Jacque is progressing better than any Guillian Barre patient he has ever had.  We can go home when Jacque can walk out of here or until the insurance kicks us out---which ever comes first.

Jean went back home today.  That was so hard.  She has been such a great help.  I really miss her. Jacque and I are so blessed.  We have the greatest kids in the entire world.  I have no idea what we did right to deserve such caring, loving children. But we thank God everyday for them.

When we count our blessings, we definitely count our friends!!! The cards continue to pour in.  We have over 200 now.  I have them taped up on the walls of  Jacque's room.  We are running out of room, but we really enjoy hearing from home. Bart Stewart came by today.  He has been such a blessing.  He and Jacque told stories all afternoon about growing up in Winnfield. They laughed for 30 minutes telling the story of Tommy Milam and Mike Smith spilling the collection basket at the First Baptist Church.  Ha Ha!!!

Preparation for the blood drive seems to be going smoothly.  I got an email from Michelle Whisonant telling me that the people from Central Management were planning on giving blood.  Many thanks to everyone.  Jacque and I are so humbled by the outpouring of love.

God bless you all.--Laure :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment