Friday, February 4, 2011

Friday Night--February 4

Came in early, time is 10:28 p.m.--Jacque was sleeping at the 9 p.m. visit.  He was very tired from all the day's activities.

Got my car running again. Nice young man from the hotel helped me jump my car off.  Seems to be keeping the charge.  I left the hospital at 10 p.m. just in case I had to find someone at the hospital to jump me off again.  God is good, car started right away. Am in the hotel room, snug as a bug.  Going to bed. I am so tired.

Everyone is still upbeat about Jacque's recovery.  My thinking is one more week of icu, then 3 weeks of rehab, then home. No one has talked to me about this--just my own timeline.  Only God's knows what lies ahead. We are on HIS timeline, not ours.  Please continue to pray for us.  Our strength comes from knowing that all things work out for those who know the Lord.  My daddy used to say, "In all my 85 years, I never knew anything that didn't work out."  I know this too shall pass.  I am so thankful for the Lord's great care.  Good night to all and God bless. 

Love in Christ--Laure :)
  

4 comments:

  1. Laure, Our Prayers are with you,Jacque and the rest of your family.
    Will put ya'll on the prayer list at church.
    love and prayers Suzie and John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Daddy was right. All things work for good for those who love the Lord.....keep that positive attitude you have and faith in God's plan. Prayers for you and Mr. Derr. Aleta

    ReplyDelete
  3. laure I am so sorry to hear of jacque illiness. a few years ago my brother in law had the same illiness and he recovered 100% my prayers will be with you both. If I can do anything don't hesitate to ask love you a lot mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laure, Just wanted to you to know that I have been praying for Jacque, you and your family! Its really good to hear that Jacque's condition is improving! I passed your classroom on Thursday morning and I realized just how much I enjoy seeing you on a daily basis and how much you have touched my life just by knowing you! I will continue to pray for Jacque's recovery but also for you as you care for Jacque during this difficult time. With love, Karen

    ReplyDelete