Saturday, February 19, 2011

Saturday--February 19

God is good.  We have had a wonderful day.  As usual Jacque's morning started off terrible.  The doctors have decided Jacque is allergic to his sleeping pill. He itches all night long and can not sleep.  So the plan for tonight is benadryl at bedtime and no sleeping pill. I want everyone who reads the blog tonight to say a prayer that Jacque has a good night sleeping.

We have been blessed with a day with lots of bright spots. First he had therapy in his room and they stood him up.  Of course, he was very weak, but he did stand up three times.  All the doctors that made rounds were so pleased with his progress. So medically we had a real upbeat day.  Second, we were blessed with visitors.  Ann and Ed Crawford came and brought a basket of goodies--chocolate pudding for Jacque :). Jamie and Mia came and spent the afternoon with us. Rose Goff , Gary Goff's wife also came by for a visit.  She is a nurse here at Lafayette General.  Tommy and Angie Harrell also came for a good visit.  We love getting visitors. Jacque and I are so blessed to have so many friends.

I am going back to the hotel early tonight around 10 pm, so I can be back at the hospital at 6am. Jamie is going to stay from 10 pm to midnight or so. I want to be back at the hospital in time for 6am mass. I have so much to thank the Lord for.   Then I will be in Jacque' s room by 7am.  He likes me here early.

Guess that is all my news.  Continue to pray for us as we begin stage 3 on Monday--rehab!!! Jacque is so excited and ready to go.  He may change his mind by Monday evening.  But with everyone's prayers I know he will do well.

Bible verse for the day--"The Lord will help them when they are sick and will restore their health."
Psalm 41:3

I pray for each of you. Maybe this hardship that Jacque and I are going through  and this blog is meant to lead someone closer to the Lord.  If it does, then all this suffering and worry, is worth every minute of what we have gone through.  I can't imagine going through something like this without Jesus in your life. God bless and good night.  Laure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment