Monday, March 7, 2011

March 7th--13th Day of Rehab

Hello to everyone--Today I walked 400 feet on my walker unassisted on three different occasions.  I also practiced walking with my walker on an incline as I will need to know how to do this to get into the courthouse.  I feel like it will not be too long before I get to go home.  My recovery will not be complete.  I will continue rehab in Winnfield ( probably with my son--Jacque Jr. --the best pt in the world) but I will not be housed in the hospital.  I do look forward to getting home, as I have been hospitalized here in Lafayette since January 28th!!! Thanks to everyone who gave blood in Winnfield today.  I heard it was a huge success.  Thanks again for all the prayers, emails, cards, and phone calls.  Many thanks to Leroy and Pam James for the beautiful palm plant.  I am very humbled by all the love and concern that has been expressed on my behalf. My condition improves daily and I am thankful to that.  My main source of energy has been the "sugar tang" sent to me by Vivian Hinckley. This gave me vast reserves of energy to sustain me on my long walks.  I have suggested to the hospital administrators that they give "sugar tang" to all patients.  I haven't heard back from them on that.  I love you all. Jacque :)

Bible verse of the day: "Be prepared for times when you will be put to the test.  Be sincere and DETERMINED.  Keep CALM when trouble comes.  Stay with the LORD, never abandon Him, and you will be prosperous at the end of your days. " Sirah 2:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment