Wednesday, March 2, 2011

March 2

Good morning to you all.  God is good. Jacque had a good night's sleep and so did I.  He just got back from rehab-11 am--and is resting and waiting for his lunch.  He did great in rehab and is now walking forwards and backwards.  He said he has more feelings in his hands today.  Everything is improving.  We are so blessed. WE GIVE GOD ALL THE GLORY.  Tomorrow he is going to try to take his first shower.  They tried last Tuesday, but his blood pressure dropped real low(80/30) and they had to stop.  He has not had any blood pressure problems all week--so they will try again tomorrow. He is gaining weight.  I weighed him yesterday and the bed scale said he weighed 160.4 pounds.  He weighed 150 last week.  He weighed 175 when he got sick. So you can see, he is getting better and better.

Jacque and I got a beautiful email from one of his high school friends.  She talked about how the bible messages were so uplifting to her.  She went on to say that, giving God the glory for Jacque's healing was helping others to understand how important God is to having real peace in this life. Sometimes we don't understand why bad things happen, but if going through this terrible disease brings just one soul closer to the Lord, it was all worth it.  I have always been a blooming optimist--when life gives you lemons--make lemonade. It makes life so much easier. My faith is what gives me my strength.  I am nothing without my God. His spirit lives in me. That leads me to our bible verse for the day--Jacque picked it out--because it has to do with walking!!!
" But those that trust in the Lord for help will find their strength renewed.  They will rise on wings like eagles; they will run and not get weary and they will WALK AND NOT GROW WEAK."
Isaiah 40:31

 Have a great day--We are going to have one too.  Love--Laure and Jacque :)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful choice Mr. Derr! Keep up the hard work! I hope to see more pictures of your success!

    ReplyDelete