Friday, March 11, 2011

Friday--March 11--Best Day Ever!!!!

Good evening to everyone!!! God is so good.  We are so blessed.  We had a fabulous, wonderful, spectacular day.  First of all, we got our discharge date--Wednesday--March 16th.  We should be leaving here by 10:30 am!!! Second of all--Jacque walked 100 feet with absolutely NO HELP--NO WALKER--NO ONE HOLDING ON!!! I thought I was going to cry.  It was absolutely the greatest thing I have ever experienced in my life.  Everyone was in the hall, cheering him on.  Our nurses and therapist are like family to us. They were just as excited as we were.  Third of all, Jacque had pet therapy today.  They brought a dog in and Jacque got to pet it and play with it.  He really enjoyed himself.  Lastly, we practiced getting in and out of our car so that we will know how to do it when we go home.  He did it great--it was so easy for him. In between all of this, Jacque had therapy and exercised and worked on climbing stairs--which he did a great job at.  Needless to say, he is so tired and is totally exhausted.  There are really no words that I could type that would ever express my joy at this point.  I have cried all day out of pure joy. I am so thankful to my God for His support and love. I really don't know what I have ever done to receive such a blessing as today--but I am so thankful.  Many thanks to everyone for their love and support.  I am sure after Jacque rests he will blog tomorrow. Good night and God bless.  The bible verse for today is:
" He brought me up out of the horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock. " Psalms 40:2   

1 comment:

  1. This made me so happy that I actually went back and figured out what I needed to do to comment on this blog. ha ha

    I know that you are counting the days. Jacque is amazing everyone! I am so happy for you both.
    Carolyn B.

    ReplyDelete