Thursday, March 3, 2011

March 3--Jacque's Comments

Hey everyone it's me.  I just wanted to stop and thank everyone for all the prayers.  I am so humbled over the prayers and concern shown to me during my illness.  On the first day of rehab I was unable to get out of bed and into the wheelchair without the help of three people.  I also was barely able to stand erect between  parallel bars without assistance.  On this ninth day of rehab I am able to get in and out of bed and into the wheelchair without assistance.  I also took 37 steps and 40 steps unassisted using a walker.  This may not seem like much, but the therapist say that the other patients they treated who had my condition took over a month to get this far.  I know my success is due to the grace of God and to your prayers. The doctor says that I am running a marathon not a sprint and it will be some time before I am fully recovered. This experience has increased my faith and I hope I will be a better person as a result.  I do know that things would not be as good as they are without the prayers that have been sent up by you to our God.  The Lord does not promise us a rose garden but he does promise to give us the strength to get through our trials so long as we stick with Him.  Again thank you so much for caring about me and my family. I hope to see everyone soon.  Love to all of you--Jacque (typed by Laure :))
Thought for the night:  "The circumstances in our lives seem random and unplanned--but someday we will see the order of God's hand."  Sper
Opps--I almost forgot to thank some of God's angels for their help today.  Rayford Riley came and gave me a much needed haircut.  He was accompanied by Carrol Varnell and Glenn Gilcrease.  We all had a great visit.  It was just like being in the City Barbershop in Winnfield. Friends like this are rare and very much loved.  Good Night and God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment