Sunday, March 13, 2011

March 13--Sunday--The Lord's Day

Well I am back.  Yesterday I went to Monroe to see my mother.  I haven't seen her in two months!!!  While I was in Monroe, I also got my hair chopped off and got my hair dyed.  Boy, did I need it. I also went to mass with Mom, my sisters Connie and Terri.  We enjoyed boiled shrimp for supper and some of Mom's homemade soup.  I had a great day.

While I was gone, my two angels--Jamie and Jacque, Jr.  took care of their daddy.  It was the first time that Jacque and I had been apart in two months.  It was really hard, but I think it was good for both of us.  Have I ever told all of you we are blessed with the best children in the world?!!!! We are so lucky!!!


Today was a great day.  I got to the room at 8am.  Jacque had breakfast then he went to therapy.  He walked again with no assistance.  There are always two people right beside him to make sure he does not fall. Jacque Jr. was able to watch his daddy walk. Jacque still does not have much feeling in his feet, this is what makes walking difficult.  Everyday he has more feelings, but the feet still do not feel normal yet.  Everyone is still amazed at how well he is doing.  Our cna told us today that she had never seen a patient will Guillain Barre progress this quickly.  God is good we are so blessed.

Vivian Adams brought us a delicious lunch.  Nothing like a good home cooked meal.  I know I have gained all my weight back.  It will be diet time for me when we get home.  Vivan has been such a blessing to us.  She is definitely one of our "Lafayette Angels".

Our other "Lafayette Angels"--Bart and Judy Stewart--came by for a visit.  We will really miss them, but have plans to return in a month or two and treat them to a good supper.

After all the company Jacque and I went for a ride.  He rode and I pushed him in the wheelchair.  We went outside.  It is such a nice day here.   After the ride, he had supper and now he is taking a nap.

We only have two days left before we leave on Wednesday!!!! We know now why God wanted us to stay another week---so that Jacque would be walking without his walker!! Now mind you--he can only do this with therapists--not with me.  But that is OK--we know he can do it.

Guess that is all my news.  God is good.  We are so thankful for His loving care.  We are so blessed.  The bible verse for today is, " His strength is made perfect in your weakness."  2 Cor 12:9

God bless you all. Laure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment